Parkwood 4x4 (Tong) P&P 14th April

Know of any events or gatherings happening at your local Pay and play site? let us all know.

Also the place to discuss Green Laning and the responsible use of B.O.A.T.s
Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Parkwood 4x4 (Tong) P&P 14th April

Post by Ladaman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Anyone fancy it?

I will be going in my Samurai, and my son will be going in his.

Good site for those who haven't been, but getting a little pricey. I've not been for ages, and missing it.

http://www.parkwood4x4.co.uk/news.php?DOC_INST=3

Or have a look on my you tube channel. Search for Ladamanmba or click on the link in my signature. I'm sure there are a few videos of the site.
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Parkwood 4x4 (Tong) P&P 14th April

Post by Ladaman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 pm

No one fancy popping along?

All being well I will be meeting AntD to give him some bits, but nobody wants to play?
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:30 pm

I'd love to, but it's just tooooooo far!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Yep it is a bit far for just a day for you Anton. You missed a cracker though. I will throw some pics up in the gallery, and see if I can put a bit of a video together later.

I broke it again :oops:

It looks like the wedge for the Vitara power steering box has failed. It wouldn't turn right and the steering box was moving about a lot :shock:

I lashed it up with a ratchet strap and had an interesting drive home. Maybe I should have called the AA, but where is the fun in that?
YouTube

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 pm

oooh dear i bet that was a fun drive :D

best drive home ive seen so far was my mates busted wheel bearing... was locking up forwards but not backwards, so had to finish the lane and drive 5 miles home in reverse!!!
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

AntD
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by AntD » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:28 am

Ha ha, good work driving it home!

They say there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity :p

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:02 pm

AntD wrote:Ha ha, good work driving it home!

They say there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity :p
Yes very fine!!

It was nice to meet you also, and I hope to see you out in yours soon.

If we go to Tong again next month feel free to pop along, and I will take you for a spin round. It will certainly speed up your progress when you see what fun you're missing.
YouTube