Scottie's Zuke. Blue

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Scottie's Zuke

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

dan_2k_uk wrote:lookin really good mate. i wish i had even half the facilities you have there. my driveway just dont cut it.

just going out for hopefully one of the last bits of work on my mini and i cant wait to get back on with the anus.

been and looked at a few houses with garages and big drives over the past few weeks but the are all about 10k outside my budget. hopefully one will come up soon that is a bit cheaper and i can really get things moving with the house and anus situation.

well annoying having over 10k sat there for a deposit and not being able to spend it on fun!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah shes slowly getting there dude! My SJ and the workshop that is! I seem to have doubled the amount of equipment I have since starting this build! damn air tools make life easier too! :lol: perhaps i might have a chance to start saving for a deposit on a house once my SJ is finished wish i had 10k sat there for one :cry: instaed I just waste £350 a month on rent!
at least i've got a roof over my head and a double garage though so i shouldn't complain! 8-)

you should pop round sometime haven't seen you for ages dude!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:18 pm

scottiej410 wrote:
dan_2k_uk wrote:lookin really good mate. i wish i had even half the facilities you have there. my driveway just dont cut it.

just going out for hopefully one of the last bits of work on my mini and i cant wait to get back on with the anus.

been and looked at a few houses with garages and big drives over the past few weeks but the are all about 10k outside my budget. hopefully one will come up soon that is a bit cheaper and i can really get things moving with the house and anus situation.

well annoying having over 10k sat there for a deposit and not being able to spend it on fun!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah shes slowly getting there dude! My SJ and the workshop that is! I seem to have doubled the amount of equipment I have since starting this build! damn air tools make life easier too! :lol: perhaps i might have a chance to start saving for a deposit on a house once my SJ is finished wish i had 10k sat there for one :cry: instaed I just waste £350 a month on rent!
at least i've got a roof over my head and a double garage though so i shouldn't complain! 8-)

you should pop round sometime haven't seen you for ages dude!
yeah mate will have to hook up soon. just finished the last bit of welding on my mini yesterday.

just needs a bit of painting and a couple of bulbs and a battery and it should be off to the m.o.t man sometime this week.

then i think my battleplan it to do the things on the anus that need doing for the m.o.t and then do other bits whilst having fun cuz im having withdrawal symptoms!

i need to find a front axle to use for the diy rear disc conversion cuz my drums aint passing no mot's!!!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 pm

been a little busy over the last two weekends but still managed to get quite a bit done!

New boots fitted!

what i found under the 8mm of filler!

this ended up looking pretty good after a bit of filler!

Modified the rear bumper i was given over the weekend, I always thought it stuck out to far from the body, looks a lot better now! just needs a lick of paint to finish!

how it looked originally

how it looks now

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 pm

started to primer the body on saturday only to then run out of primer! :evil:

so i started to put my transmission together, only to find that i need to modify my X-eng handbrake

so overall quite a bad weekend on the suzuki! ah well get paid on fri so i'll be ordering some more primer and paint! shouldn't be hard to modify the handbrake either!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 pm

oh shit i've gone backwards!

my mate matty being a jackass! :lol:

mocking up my t-box skid/mount
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm

made a little bit of progress in the last few weeks, been quite busy though so haven't had the time i've wanted to put into it!
chassis cleaned up.

started my dual tbox guard & mount

I've cut out the original gearbox crossmember now (forgot to take pics) and will be making a bolt in cross member as to not loose any strength.

hopefully by the end of this weekend i'll have the engine & transmission fitted (need to fab up new engine & radiator mounts)

then i can get the body back on and finish the front arches and bulkhead mods.

ScottieJ
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Its nearly got an engine!!!!!!! just the o/s engine mount to finish and to gusset the n/s engine mount! fitted a new clutch & release bearing yesterday too.

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Why have you lowered the engine so much?

Your going to have one almighty dent in your sump!!!

I put a nice dent in mine on standard mounts and add a leafs..

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:27 pm

basically because i am running one of rich watts dual case set ups the engine & transmission are all in one unit, so unless i want to mess around with the props to avoid any vibrations i'm aiming to keep the SJ tbox in its standard position. this has meant that the engine does sit a bit lower! then again i've been told that the centre of the oil filter should sit level with the top of the chassis rail, which it does? so is it actually lower???
The mounts probably look a lot lower though because i am using the stronger vit engine mounts instead of sj ones like most people do when they put a 1.6 in. I think i might just about get away with the axle not hitting the sump but if it does i can probably cure it by fitting a 1.3 sump and oil pick up hopefully!

I think that all makes sense :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Im unsure about where it should sit. It just looks lower than mine, and i have a dent with a lift. And as your going for the virtual lift it could be :shock: :lol:

I suppose you will soon sort out, looking good Scott!