Palo's 410 builds!!

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
palo123
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Palo's 410 builds!!

Post by palo123 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Update!!!

Been waiting on parts so haven't been able to achieve much. However, i've got most of the parts now and thought i'd update on what i've done.

So far i've stripped, primed and painted all the props, front axle, steering box and fuel tank. didn't take many pictured as it's boring. I then proceeded to install new fuel and brake lines along the chassis, plus the rebuild kit for my calipers came in so i rebuilt them.

New brake lines and fuel lines. I only used the copper on the fuel lines NOT the brake lines, i used Knufier/ Copper, nickle for the brakes.

I got new flexi's all around.

Then i inspected and rebuilt the calipers (I've only done one at the moment). I didn't fully appreciate how well they turned out until i put it next to the non rebuilt one.

I then received my parts.
I've got new inner and outer wheel bearing, King pin bearing, Axle oil seal, wipers and seal, Carb rebuild kit with all the jets, new tie rod assembly, engine gasket and seal set, Rotor, points+condenser, Dis cap, Ht leads, plug, water pump, cam belt etc. You get the idea!

I also need to remove the engine from the vit i bought of Mike but didn't really want to buy a cheap hoist which use quite thin gauge steel so i made my own out of some thick walled scrap box sectio and the 12 Ton bottle jack from our press.
Not very good pics as it was dark.

palo123
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by palo123 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Update!
Been a while since i've posted on here and thought i had done a more recent update, but turns out i haven't. So here it is!!
Since you last saw it i have finished all the brake and fuel lines, rebuilt the front axle with new bearings, seals and bolts and have reinstalled it on the chassis. I've also fitted a couple other misc parts like steering and shocks.
The chassis is now 95% finished with only the need of a few small bits like clipping some brake line and front shocks.

Here some pics>>

Reinstalled on chassis.

And here is what stage it is currently at.

Stripped the body down.

The next step is the body work but i do not feel comfortable doing this in a marquee as i won't be able to get the finish i want so i WILL be putting up a workshop this summer. The sj will be put on hold until i can finish it undercover. So i have put the body on the chassis and put all the bits inside and have started saving for the workshop. Don't know if ill post any pics of us doing the workshop unless you want to see?,but it won't be for a while yet.

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am

:thumbup:

parkrow
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by parkrow » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi I'm new to all this. But we have had a SJ 410. For 25 years. And it's failed MOT on brake cylinders can you please let me know where you got them from. Thanks John

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:50 pm

parkrow wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:56 pm
Hi I'm new to all this. But we have had a SJ 410. For 25 years. And it's failed MOT on brake cylinders can you please let me know where you got them from. Thanks John
The usual answer to this is brakes international (www.brakeparts.co.uk) but at the moment they're out of stock on 410 cylinders. Not sure where to send you after that - have you tried euro car parts?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map