Reviving a playmate, hells confetti, m45 supercharged Jimny

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Erk
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Reviving a playmate, hells confetti, m45 supercharged Jimny

Post by Erk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:24 pm

It begins,
Just booked transport for the old girl to bring her home to where I can work on her. Been a long time coming.
Cant seem to find many picks of her as she was.
Will post any more if I find some.

but here is a run down of her past

First time out after buying her from Darren @ KAP, mods included 4" spring lift with shocks. very yellow paint job. front bash plate and the prototype of the front bumper replacement. Don't think there was much else.
first time out.jpg
snow day.jpg
was my daily drive and work horse from 2007 to around 2012, until she decided to damn near fall to bits going down the drive at work followed by the ECU letting the smoke out as I parked up.

Should have left it, but I didn't, fed it a DTA S60 ECU and while drunk and bought a mini supercharger :S
g13.jpg
for one reason or another, was not happy with it, so I acquired a M13 VVT lump and started again.
m13.jpg
manifold 2.jpg
oil.jpg
Worked well enough, made decent torque at low rpm even though the peak power numbers are nothing special.
bit of post dyno fiddling and she got her MOT .
IMG_20201007_0002.jpg
some generall hooligan behaviour and lost of fun,
then got her stuck for an hour here, cost me an oil pump, that was more than a second hand M15 engine, so the inevitable happened
ive had better ideas.jpg
yellow2.jpg
Changed lump to the M15, back on the rollers, naff all boost above 3k rpm
found all the Teflon off the rotors stuck in the intercooler, rotor casing scored up ..........
new blower off a Merc something, still an M45 Eaton unit, but different configuration.
made a complete mess of getting it working, some really dumb ideas happened, i.e. cable operated recirculatory valve,
to get thru her last MOT passed .

parked her that day and there she sat for 5 years.