SJ410 Engine Transplant

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
QuirkyRides
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: SJ410 Engine Transplant

Post by QuirkyRides » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 am

Yes, putting back the F10a looks like the logical thing to do. It's tired though and when I bought it I drove it from Slough to my place in Worcestershire and it struggled on even quite modest inclines and dumped its engine oil so quite a bit to think about.

That said, it has been really well looked after and the body is rock solid, including the boot floor that you mentioned. I hope it has a bit more energy once we've got the engine sorted. That said, I'm not expecting speed!

QuirkyRides
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by QuirkyRides » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:00 pm

An update on my SJ410: we've pretty much sorted the engine out now and were just at the point of setting up the carb when we realised that the back box has popped. Not something that can be welded, so my question is does anyone have one? (Will post separately in the right section of the Forum for that), if not can anyone recommend a supplier and also are there other Zukis that use the same exhaust system/back box? Thanks folks. Nearly there now!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Where in the country are you, I’ve got a few exhausts lying around, one might be a 410 one
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

QuirkyRides
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by QuirkyRides » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 am

Hi Scottie, sorry for the late reply.

I'm in Worcestershire, not a million miles from you. If you do have a 410 back box I'd be very interested. Cheers, Michael.