Kiwizook's resto

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: Kiwizook's resto

Post by kiwizook » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 am

dent has been mostly removed from the roof, needs shrinking now, as it looks like she's bumped her head, has a massive egg on the roof.
I have just sorted out the heating in the workshop, so I can march on with it now, or so the plan is. actually getting motivated again to work on it!
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 am

Went to run the engine today, to keep it all lubed up, and run it in. Started it, was still quite boggy, so decided to have a look at that, but the fuel ran out. So I decided to clean the fuel filter, and removed about a teaspoon of rust from the filter. Got petrol, filled up the tank, and it leaks all over the floor, found a cracked fuel hose, the only remaining old piece of hose of course! Replaced the hose, started her up again, and took her for a test drive. Ran a lot better than expected, so speeded up some more, and bang! Forgot to tie the bonnet down again, and put the dent back into the roof/windscreen surround, worse than before. Very pleased with how she runs on the hs2, doesn't even need tuning by the feel of things. Now on the lookout for a new roof skin, to replace the whole roof skin, and be done with it for good, so we'll see what happens next
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:13 pm

8-)
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:58 am

finally! the suzuki is now in a friend's workshop, one that knows the ins and outs of panelbeating. Roof is straight again, we shrinked it with the gas torch, and welded up a few of the last patches, and welded up a few seams. needs a few last welds, and filling now, but it's getting there!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 am

More pics!!!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Anton

Post by Anton » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Jordi wrote:More pics!!!
Yes! What he said!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:32 am

Well, I seem to have to resize the pics first. The roof is filled, sanded and primed. We're now working on a few insignificant dents in the side and wings, then paint time! Also got another kja given to me, that's getting the radiator fixed at the moment. It will also donate it's bumper and bullbars to the good one, repair the worst of the rust, then it will go of to the farm to be used there!

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 am

she's back home, and all painted up, I can start the final assembly now. pics to follow if I can figure out how.
Also need to put a A frame on the other sj, so I can drag it around and go wheeling in it