Anton's build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Anton's build

Post by andyrew » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Engines in and plumbed up, sorting/organization of some of the interesting wiring at the moment (naughty Anton!)

Spares boxes have be raided and most bits have been found to replace damaged ones

The inlet was cracked down the side of the thermostat, but the main damage is the where the ports merged into the flange there a big crack all the way across and though, into the flange itself.

The passengers mount on the engine was broken so I assume the air filter has possibly made contact with the inner wing and stresse d the inlet?

The rear diff pinion has failed. Ive lifted the pinion up away from the ring gear to disengage it so I can roll the Sj out the workshop :hahaha:
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by mike harris » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Keep up the good work mate, be back in the mud before you know it !

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:18 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Glad to see the sj getting sorted dude!
Inno, rite??? :armsup: :guns: 8-) :lol: :brows:
ScottieJ wrote:What’s up with the inlet manifold? It’s a modded SU one isn’t it? Who made it??
Yes, by Rockwatt. Not sure why it cracked, but a theory is forming:

When a mate of mine tried to start it with a dead battery, he broke the rear diff. He must've been quite hard on her, and I think the shockwaves travelling through the drivetrain got my weird intake air cleaner setup to smack the inner wing, as Andy says.

I have a feeling the rear diff and the intake manifold went bye-bye at the same time, because both were fine when she was parked up.
andyrew wrote:Engines in and plumbed up, sorting/organization of some of the interesting wiring at the moment (naughty Anton!)
I'm only partially responsible for the state of the wiring loom... :hahaha:

You're a proper legend, Andy. Thanks, buddy!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Last night the interior was emptied out, seats removed and I hosed out the lot, I mixed a very strong bottle of Autosmart G101 (APC) and coated the inside and got scrubbing. Then hosed it out again, its almost clean!

Worked out battery location and ran two new cables into the engine bay. Using the metal twist loom holders Suzuki use on the backs of dashboards and grommets from previous breakers. OEM KAAAWALITY YO!

Started working out mounting the mx5 seats,
But being shorter than Anton I need a stand in.

Anton - 6ft 2
My Mate Byron - 6ft 3

Close enough.

Anton does the cb work?
And the little stereo/amplifier on the roof?
Last edited by andyrew on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:01 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Glad to see the sj getting sorted dude!

What’s up with the inlet manifold? It’s a modded SU one isn’t it? Who made it??

There is no sign of water in the engine, at all.
Just a good few litres of oil in the cooling system. Water rail was full!

I'm of the conclusion that the engine has been jump started then left running. Due to having zero water in it , it then Overheated and seized.

Its then been dragged/tow started
When the clutch has been lifted the force has jolted all the driveline and the worn rear diff was the weakest link. The engine has lifted from its broken passenger side mount and wacked the su air filter hard on the inner wing breaking the flange.

How the oil got in the cooling system ive no idea.

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:40 am

andyrew wrote:Anton does the cb work?
Short answer - I don't think it does. I never managed to make it transmit, only recieve. Fairly sure it's a doorstop.
andyrew wrote:And the little stereo/amplifier on the roof?
It's a 12v amp. It's wired to speakers in the footwells, and there's a 3.5mm cable to plug into an MP3 player or a phone.

I never use it, I only fitted it because HPOC Scottie wanted to listen to his choonz when offroading.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 am

Sounds good, can't wait for Anton to get it back on the road :)
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 am

been doing some tinkering

MX5 seats in and i think they are pretty comfy, 6ft3 mate says he fits fine with good legroom.
id say they have gained around 6 inches more travel and sit a inch or so higher up.

Dangerously done SPOA front axle removed and old rear axle have both been swapped out for my KJAs axles (spua) to keep it rolling in the barn and check clearance, there is none as the springs are all bent the other way. some trimming required.

full float axle from richard (rockwatt) should be being made soon and working its way over to the barn

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:28 pm

andyrew wrote:been doing some tinkering

MX5 seats in and i think they are pretty comfy, 6ft3 mate says he fits fine with good legroom.
id say they have gained around 6 inches more travel and sit a inch or so higher up.

Dangerously done SPOA front axle removed and old rear axle have both been swapped out for my KJAs axles (spua) to keep it rolling in the barn and check clearance, there is none as the springs are all bent the other way. some trimming required.

full float axle from richard (rockwatt) should be being made soon and working its way over to the barn
:doublethumbs: Nice one, Alex. Can't tell you how thankful I am!

The dangerous SPOA was nothing to do with me - just for the record. HPOC Scottie and I did the previous axle (which I bent, despite being trussed, hence the new axle).

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 pm

You're welcome Anton.

BTW...what did I do? :hahaha:
If it ticks over...leave it