Identify my samurai

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
Ivan
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Identify my samurai

Post by Ivan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:56 am

Hi can anyone identify my sammy model. Unfortunately most of the vin plate details have been rubbed away..fuel injected, built by Santana Spain, imported to uk then Grenada West Indies.the seat belts have 95 on them.
I need to bring parts back from the uk.. but need the right ones....thanks
Attachments
11FE893A-0A72-44C7-93F9-B70E2710AA39.jpeg
52DF4211-8F0D-4814-8E5F-C9FC1850663A.jpeg

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Identify my samurai

Post by Anton » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:10 pm

:welcome:

I can't help to identify your Sammy, I'm afraid. I know that 99% of the parts on it will be identical to my Samurai, with the exception of what is under the bonnet. Your engine block is likely to be identical to mine, the starter is probably the same (or near as) and probably interchangeable. Ditto alternator. Your intake manifold will be different, your throttlebody etc will be different (since I don't even have a throttlebody, I have a carb).

If you need unique injection engine parts, you're not going to find them in the UK. Everything else should be identical (*should* be) so if you need leaf springs, gearbox parts, transfer case, axles etc - they're all probably (probably) identical to any Samurai in the world that isn't coil sprung (a japan market only late model).

Parts of your engine loom will be different. The whole loom *might* be different, but I would think that you'd have a loom that was compatible (mostly) with any Spanish Samurai (the Jap loom is definitely different).

If you need EFI parts, don't come to the UK for them. Yes, we have plenty of EFI jimny's with G series engines, but they'll be for the G13 16v, and I'm 99% certain the EFI samurai's had 8v G13's.

Body parts *should* be swappable between Samurai's (and even non-samurai 413's, 410's, and Santanas). Your grille is Samurai specific, your side indicators are Samurai specific. SJ410 and SJ413 (non-samurai version) front wings won't have the indicators in the right place for you. Arch extensions from 413/410 won't cover your wheels, which stick out further on the Samurai. Everything else is probably swappable.

So anything mechanical, you'll probably find on any Samurai. Anything electrical, you might be ok with a Spanish built Samurai. Anything EFI and you'll probably need to go to spain/wherever they sold EFI Sammies.

*Edit* - they build LWB EFI samurai's in India still, under the name "Maruti Gypsy". You *might* be able to get the EFI parts from India. They make 16v EFI's there now, but I believe they made 8v carbies and then 8v EFI's before they made 16v EFI's, so your parts may be available from an india breaker via Ebay or something.

What parts are you actually in need of?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Ivan
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Identify my samurai

Post by Ivan » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 am

Hi thanks for your reply, do you think the transition/gearbox is the same, as we have a whining noise accelerating in all gears