Vitara 2018 4G Key fob battery life?

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
Ynabol
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Vitara 2018 4G Key fob battery life?

Post by Ynabol » Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 am

Hi everyone,

As a bit of an introduction, I’m in the UK and bought a new Vitara 1.4 S Allgrip automatic in mid 2018. Since then I have been absolutely thrilled with the Vitara. Before purchasing the Vitara, I spent so long searching for a new car that had a raised seating position and these features:
1.petrol engine
2.automatic transmission using a torque convertor
3.reliable reputation and without serious known mechanical issues
4.quiet ride
5.affordable to purchase and run
My search was unsuccessful and all the short-listed vehicles required a compromise. However, in my mind, the Vitara only lacked ‘quiet ride’ and that was something I could improve if needed, plus the Vitara has the advantages of including a mechanical centre diff-lock and LED headlights. Since I’ve done a few mods to aid refinement and am generally very happy with it.

My question today is how long does the battery in the key fob typically last? Yesterday I noticed the red LED on the key fob was randomly flashing all by itself, so I replaced the CR2032 battery and all was normal again. The key fob had been used daily for about 18 months, does this battery life sound about right / good / bad?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Vitara 2018 4G Key fob battery life?

Post by Jordi » Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 pm

I think 18 to 24months is reasonable in my experience.

I drive a 2016 truck and own a 2016 car. Both have had two batteries in the fobs.

Probably goes without saying but the cheap generic batteries seem to wear out a lot quicker than a more expensive branded duracell or energizer battery from my experience.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank