One step forward and one step back :)

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

One step forward and one step back :)

Post by maxaret » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 pm

I have been meaning to brighten up the plastic trims on the Vitara for ages - I had found some 30+ year old simonize 'bumper black' in the back of the shed and wanted to see if it was still useable :D
Anyway finally remembered to do it yesterday and my door mirror surrounds are looking much better,as is the scuttle trim under the wiper arms.
I have some new wiper blades to fit but am waiting for some matt black paint to arrive as the wiper arms have little paint left on them LOL.
The Step Back ? - I opened the tailgate to get the tyre pressure gauge and .... the bloody Handle broke :mrgreen: ,another little job to do sometime.
There is an internal handle so we not stuck for access.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: One step forward and one step back :)

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:39 am

Is it a normal vitara or a grand vitara? I've got a 98-04 grand vitara rear door handle.

A trick I've used to revive plastic trim before is a light blow over with a heat gun https://youtu.be/R0k-umzvOog
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:47 pm

It is an early 2005 3 door Grand Vitara Scottie so I assume your handle will fit ok.
Is your door handle a genuine Suzuki one ?
It is funny because I walked around the car the other day and did wonder why the tailgate handle looked much newer than the other plastic trims,of course the answer is that it had probably already been replaced by an ebay special :mrgreen:

thanks/rgds max

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:32 pm

As far as i'm aware its a genuine one. It came off one that I broke for the engine a while back. I'll dig it out and grab some pics. It's pretty common for those handles to break, even genuine ones :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:41 am

Many thanks Scottie.