Imported SJ

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
drummerpb
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Imported SJ

Post by drummerpb » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:44 am

Hi there
Have brought my 1983 SJ410 LWB into the UK (via Spain). I now need to register it here I have been through all the DVLA pages and have the paper work. Now The fun begins! It has passed the MOT. I have an age related number on retention certificate. There were no such things as Certificates of Conformity in 1983! Certificate of Manufacture may be available from Suzuki in Japan (it is Japanese manufacture), but this takes many weeks and Uk Suzuki doesn’t know if they even have it available and they want £95 up front for the privilege. Has any one any idea how I can get his done, preferably without spending too much money! Does anyone have a Certificate of Manufacture that I can pay for the privilege of using? Is the Club in a position to give something to the DVLA? It does not appear on the DVLA list of clubs. Any thoughts , possible actions would be most welcome. Cheers Paul ps sorry for two pics!
In for MOT
In for MOT
Attachments
C62BA404-282D-44A1-B8AE-131D4EE143FA.jpeg

drummerpb
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Imported SJ

Post by drummerpb » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Quite surprised no one has come back on this post. I am really struggling here and could do with a modicum of input. I am sure I can’t be the only one who has found themselves in this position before now. Can the admins tell me whether the Club has ever considered trying to get on he DVLA car club specific make list?
C

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:15 pm

Sorry I don't get on here as much as i'd like to anymore. Life is pretty busy.

Personally I have not imported a car myself so I don't really know the ins and outs of it all. However I do own the club so I will have to have a look into what's needed for us to be on the DVLA list of clubs. I think I looked at it once before around 8 years ago but I didn't follow it up for some reason.

One of our members and a good friend has been through the import process with his Datsun so hopefully he will chime in soon with his experience?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

drummerpb
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by drummerpb » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:05 am

Thanks a lot, if there is anything I can help with in this regard, just let me know. Look forward to hearing from the Datsun owner. Thanks again