'Universal' Bulb Kits LOL

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

'Universal' Bulb Kits LOL

Post by maxaret » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:55 am

Did a periodic lights check on our other car last week (2008 Sportage)- damn the LH front sidelight wasn't working - I have got it through the last 2 MOT's by 'tapping' the headlight unit near the sidelight bulb 8-)
So I removed the bulb - sho' nuff it had 'blown' and it was of course a bulb type not in our 'Universal' kit LOL.
We have a grand total of 3 universal bulb kits (the large 30 item type) which we have owned for many years and just swapped into 'new' cars many times,I have always made sure the correct Headlamp Bulb was in the box for that particular car.
One of these bulb kits was of course in our 2005 Vitara
However it got me thinking about how many correct bulbs were in our car kits - the answer was (other than Headlights) - yup - None !!!
So I spent a few hours ordering some new bulbs using an online bulb finder (Ring) as reference,then ordered mostly Osram bulbs from the 2 usual online sources.
I also had a look at spare fuses and - yup - we did not have any correct spare fuses either LOL.
There are a couple of spare fuses inside the fuse box cover in the vitara (once I had found where they hid the fuse box :roll: ) - but the shiny legs are brown from age.

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: 'Universal' Bulb Kits LOL

Post by maxaret » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:40 am

Well my new super duper bulb kit came in handy the other day,the night before MOT on our other car I suddenly thought Hmmm maybe I should check the lights.Of course one of the front sidelights had blown and I did have the correct one in the 'new' kit 8-)