Where to buy parts mail order? (UK)

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
dCAS
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Where to buy parts mail order? (UK)

Post by dCAS » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 am

Sorry, i did wrong writting, word 'brand' is mistake, just only new parts not a new brand.
well i trying to help but my english is chaotic.. i still open my English dictionary to write here in forum and still edit back my posts couple times.
Please accept my apologies.
dCAS Jimny

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 pm

i think you do very well with your english, i once tried joining a french forum but gave up after about a week because it was to much hassle translating, i think you must really want to talk about suzuki's with you being as persistant as you have been,

keep up the good work

Luke

Kirkynut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Kirkynut » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Like above, any good motor factors can get you the usual sundry items like brake pads, shoes, discs, distributor caps, points, condensors, cam belt kits, water pumps etc.

I have found that Eurocarparts can get cam belt kits, head gasket sets, water pumps and brake parts but anywhere who stock Motoquip stuff can get all the little electrical bits an their distributor caps handily have the cylinder numbers on them.

Stay away from intermotor electrical bits if you can as they don't have the best reliability record.

Similraly, Eurocarparts can get bits but they don't always supply the right part, when they ask for your registration number, don't think ther database has your car on it - it doesn't!

NIPPARTS parts are good and are often supplied by Eurocarparts and many bits can be found on ebay, but again, their are several different sets of rear brake shoes and you don;t want to get the wrong ones.

Get friendly with a local motor factors and they will look after you. ine for example ordered 2 clutch kits as they weren't sure which I needed from the book and Eurocarparts had supplied the wrong one and didn't know what one to give me. My local motor factors ensured I got the right one by ordering 2 and returning the wrong one!

By getting chummy with a local motor factors they often give you discounts to keep your custom.

Little motor factors have trouble competing with giants like Eurocarparts who order parts in their thousands cheaper and will bend over backwards to keep you coming back!

Mine does and I prefer to go to them even if they are slightly more expensive as I kno I'm getting the right part and it's going to be good quality.

Kirky

Zukipilot
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Zukipilot » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:00 pm

I use the good old internet site, commonly known as something Bay (don't want to advertise for them now do I??).
You can go fast, I can go ANYWHERE