Vitara soft top

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
AXL
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Vitara soft top

Post by AXL » Sun May 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi everyone, first time so go easy😁

I just bought a 98 vitara sport and saved it from the scrap yard. Im now in the process of making it road worthy . The soft top roof is missing ,which I know there are lots of new ones available but the problem I have is a lot of the framework is missing. I have come to realise there are two types of frame systems for these roofs. The system I have is the one with the side window bars and the bar for the bottom of the back window which clicks into the boot door. The only reusable part of the frame work I have is the main back bow. I have the front bow but it’s rusted in to 3 pieces. The side window bars and back door bars are missing. I have scanned and the net for these parts but can’t find them anywhere. I’m in Ireland and this model was rare, because of all the rain we get soft tops aren’t a good seller here. If any of you guys could help me locate these parts I would be so great full.