Hi From New Member

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
L8awn
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hi From New Member

Post by L8awn » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi all
Just got myself a 1992 vitara which I have a problem,I decided to remove the cooling fan which was retro fitted since then I've been unable to start the truck. It has the 1.6 petrol single point injection ive checked the injector works and am now stumped any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers all

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Ju » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Welcome to the club L8awn.
I think you will be better off starting a new thread in the engine or electrical section.

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm

oooh just suffered a minor thread hi jack there lol , Scottie tut tut your rum intake is peaking ! lol . Looking good mate . Thankyou for your hard work . Please splash a little rust treatment around but I agree with you when painted and then kept clean regularly it will probably see me out :brows: Looking forward to seeing you get the blue monster muddy this weekend .
Ian and Helen :thumbup:
Oh and btw "La Ferrari" I wasn't impressed at £950,000 , it cant even do sleeping policemen !!!!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm

I've been quite well behaved....barely drank any rum over the weekend :lol:

Really looking forward to Saturday can't wait to check the site out, been ages since I've been out for a play...I just spend my life in the workshop or down the BMX trails at the mo.

:lol: it just gives you an excuse to drive the long way to avoid the speed bumps....have to admit it's a gorgeous car!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Been and given Scottie a bit of a hand stripping the chassis today.

Its now in primer but my phone won't agree with photo bucket for some reason.

Have to say this LWB is lovely. Had a little look round it and its so clean.

Hair, eyes, and lungs nicely filled with paint and sand dust. :D
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Dan your a star thankyou :thumbup: Helen is very keen now to use it around bovington and I,m even more keen to get myself an Enduro bike lol and I,m also sick to death of having to dust out the interior of the Grand Vitara , its very good off road but a pig to keep clean , see my cunning plan involves solely using Helens truck and leaving mine pristine at home lol ,
Thankyou again , both yourself and Scottie and Scotties dad :thumbup:

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Tue May 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Gearbox being sold unless you want it matey!
If it ticks over...leave it

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi All , been a while , work/ life ,offroading/ holidays all getting in the way as well as numerous events at Bovington with Endeavour Motorsport.
Anyways the big news :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Truck is finished and quite frankly Scottie and his dad are Saints . They have completely rebuilt it on a real LWB by transferi :thumbup: ng all the good bits and the body and reengineering new everything else and I do mean EVERYTHING else . It drives perfectly with no clutch or transmission shake (Unlike the original builder who was about as good at lining everything up properly as Stevie wonder when pissed) please note the original well known builder also seemed to also think his skills were crap so he included a dual use for the truck as a ships anchor. He achieved this by adding huge amounts of weight by badly welding huge chunks of solid steel and re bar in hidden places like engine mounts and home made tow bars , which despite the extra welding and weight , were about as strong as warm toffee :er: Anyways , all that is gone destroyed scrapped and thrown away never to be used again for the whole worlds safety . And if he were to stumble on this post "Karma will come visit"
So back to Scottie and his dad , engineers par excellence and thoroughly committed hardworking and genuine examples of the male species. We don't have the words to express our gratitude so a Guinness cake, a bottle of rum and an envelope with we wish it were more ,are our starters . We will continue to repay you both as we outlined but I guess we will forever be in your debt . Cheers to you both . You rescued us from heartbrake and a huge financial loss. :thumbup:
Btw I cannot add pics as I,m a bit of a luddite on puters but Scottie has all the pics and lets hope he can put them up so he can receive the credit for his and his dads outstanding work .
Ian and Helen :thumbup:

Anton

Post by Anton » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:57 am

Guys, genuinely happy that you now have the truck you paid for in the first place. Also genuinely hoping you kick that asshat in the - actually, thinking about it, "he" probably doesn't have the things I want you to kick. Maybe instead, if you can, have a word with trading standards about the asshat.

Glad it's worked out for you. Seriously, our man Scottie is famous for being too nice for his own good, so please do send him a bottle of something on festive occasions or something. He does deserve it, as does his dad.

Oh, and if you can stand to be around the rest of us reprobates, come to the next Suzuki Club meet! I would love to clap my peepers on the LWB!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:08 pm

No worries Ian and Helen. Thanks for the Rum and Cake and the extra payment was greatly appreciated :hands:

It was all worth it in the end! there certainly was a lot of bodges that were found during the rebuild but with lots of work (and quite often rework) we got everything done and fitted with clearance for other stuff (somehow :lol: )

I will do a build thread as soon as i get a chance. but here's a quick one. :lol:

Start

Finish
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!