hi from norfolk

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: hi from norfolk

Post by Jordi » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 am

Don’t forget if you change the suspension setup standard shocks may no longer be adequate, longer shocks may be required depending on how much lift is given and how much extra articulation is gained.

Various alternative shocks are available, either longer shocks designed for the vehicle or shocks off a few other vehicles also fit.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

robin b
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by robin b » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 pm

thanks for the information people and for the warm welcome

robin b
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by robin b » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm

arch 1.jpg
arch 2.jpg
hi can anyone tell me what part this is and if its possible to get replacements thanks

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 pm

unfortunately if the arch lip is that rotten then the main arch behind it is probably not going to be too healthy either.

How good is your welding? if you can weld then it's not too hard to repair, if not then it might be best to buy a whoe new wing but they are quite pricey.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Adrian-S413
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Adrian-S413 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm

I believe you can use the springs from the Suzuki carry van? Apparently they are a straight swap and readily available? Happy to be corrected if that's not the case 😊
:S: "It will be finished soon" Said every Suzuki owner ever! :S:

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Adrian-S413 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm
I believe you can use the springs from the Suzuki carry van? Apparently they are a straight swap and readily available? Happy to be corrected if that's not the case 😊
Depends what you are trying to achieve?

A common swap is RUF (rear springs up front) and bedford rascal spring on the rear.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Adrian-S413
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Adrian-S413 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:40 am

Jordi wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm
Adrian-S413 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm
Depends what you are trying to achieve?

A common swap is RUF (rear springs up front) and bedford rascal spring on the rear.
On mine my springs seemed real saggy and they sit just negative of flat, so I'm guessing they are no good? I was looking into replacements, not looking for anymore lift just to replace all 4 springs. The Bedford rascal springs came up as a straight swap option on all 4 corners.
:S: "It will be finished soon" Said every Suzuki owner ever! :S: