Hi from Sheffield

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
MrShuffle
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hi from Sheffield

Post by MrShuffle » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for people that know lots about Suzuki's as I'm not very clued up - I've owned a few second hand modern classics recently and vowed to hang up my bargain purchase gloves... Until I spotted a yellow SJ 410 for sale I couldn't resist!

I went and bought it with no background knowledge of Suzuki's and, as much as I like to pretend I know what I'm doing, limited knowledge of car mechanics. I'll give anything a go with the aid of an online tutorial or Haynes step by step although I'm hindered with only on street parking.

So here it is- 1985 SJ 410 with 125k and a mild selection of maladies that I'm sure I'll be pestering you with (after I've searched previous posts, of course!)

Look forward to chatting with you all soon.
Attachments
20190213_164815.jpg

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Hi from Sheffield

Post by Ju » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Welcome and nice truck. We all start off somewhere and they are reasonably easy to work on.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum! I start basically the same way, never worked on a car, SJ came up for sale, bought it.

Everything you need to know can be found on this forum, and if it can't just ask and someone will always know the answer :guns:
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Welcome to the club.

As said, any info can be on here. If you can’t find it ask.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:03 pm

:welcome2:
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map