Hi from Nottingham- Vitara Commercial

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
CommVit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hi from Nottingham- Vitara Commercial

Post by CommVit » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi everyone

I just purchased a Vitara Commercial 1.9TD which I have been doing up and will get a build thread going soon for the hell of it.

Thought I would join this forum to check out any green laning events/ parts for sale etc and decided to drop you all a quick hello.

I am desperate for a boot striker latch for my vitara, as well as a right window winder if anyone has one by any chance! Please message me on here or drop me a PM at

0 7 882 0 8 2 three one one!

Look forward to being on here and chatting to some of you which will no doubt know a hell of a lot more than me (as this is my first Suzuki and off-roader).

All the best

Neil
-Harley Davidson sportster chopper
-Vitara Commercial 1.9td

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hi from Nottingham- Vitara Commercial

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum. Go on then, lets see some pics of the Vit?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

CommVit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hi from Nottingham- Vitara Commercial

Post by CommVit » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 am

Hey Scottie, I will get some up this week! However it isn't anything special at the moment (aside from being "rare").

Basically, I bought the Truck for £300 quid, siting in a farmers field (and hadn't been started in 10 years). Fast forward to a new cambelt, fresh fluids in the diff and engine, new brakes, new lockers, new handbrake cables, holes filed and painted in the bonnet, snorkel, rebuilt drum brakes, interior re-trim on the door cards, new clutch (hard as hell to find but managed to find the last one on the shelf from the Santana Factory) and various other bits I am missing, she is back on the road- flew through its MOT (not surprisingly as it is basically a new truck now haha)!

I have 2" springs and shocks, and a 2" body lift to fit this upcoming weekend, and she will be ready for some new wheels and Tyres. I have fourtrak steels, but they are a bit too rusty and were not holding air. I started grinding the lips so they will hold air with a dallop of sealant, but just thinking I will get some new modular wheels to go with the new tyres. Figuring out tyre sizes next, but with my lift and some 8" wide wheels, I am thinking 235/75/15 muds as 31" may be pushing it!

Then, it is bucket seats and the light bar install, straight pipe to make the diesel sound even more like a tractor, and an egr block.

Will get the build photos/ thread up this weekend and keep everyone posted. As it stands, I love the truck, it definitely drives like a 90s off roader which I am not used. It is quirky and rust free and aside from the Sterophonics cassette that was in the radio (which I threw out the window upon turning the truck on for the first time), once the lift and suspension are on I know I am onto a winner!
-Harley Davidson sportster chopper
-Vitara Commercial 1.9td