Hello from West Yorkshire

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
mechanicalhorse
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello from West Yorkshire

Post by mechanicalhorse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've just returned to Suzuki ownership after 7 years without one.

My interest in the little beasties goes back a fair way, to 1985 in fact when I bought an SJ410 van. This was followed by an SJ413 pickup in 1987 which I kept a couple of years (big mistake, should have held on to that!). I was then without an 'uki unti I bought a secondhand Samurai in 1997. This was traded in for a Vitara in 2000 and two Jimnys followed this which took me up to 2012 and the end of Suzuki ownership until now.

Over the past few years I've become more interested in classic cars (well, small vans really) and have done some restoration/recommissioning work on a couple so I thought I'd have a look around for either an early Suzuki or a Daihatsu F20. Ideally I'd have liked another 413 pickup but they're obviously few and far between these days, especially in standard form, then I saw a Suzuki LJ80 advertised so I went for a look and decided to take the plunge.

It's tucked away in the garage at the moment, I've got something else I want to finish off first, but I'm really looking forward to getting the Suzuki on the road, taking it to some shows and having some fun.

Thanks for "listening", looking forward to being an active part of the forum.

Cheers,

Tony
Attachments
P1190671 reduced.jpg
P1190673 reduced.jpg
P1190674 reduced.jpg

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Hello from West Yorkshire

Post by ROBBIE » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Hello :welcome: nice LJ