Hello

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
woodbob
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello

Post by woodbob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

Just going to buy my first vitara not even sure of model etc that may sound odd (that's me all over) but need a cheap car just to get back to UK as our last one is scrap now in France. In Spain and the vitara is close available and RHD and seller need to get rid of.
1998 89K petrol 1.6 can't see any off road damage starts and drives well only little point is some transmission whine in 4WH.
When we get back intend to overhaul brakes and change what needs doing then give it a good waxoil.
Any advice would be great points to check or problems with cars of this age. nice to see a distributor cap and being able to check with out a computer.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: Hello

Post by timwilks13 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 pm

If you're driving it in 4WD on hard surfaces that would explain your whine, only use 4H or 4L on forgiving surfaces.
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

woodbob
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Hello

Post by woodbob » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Thanks that would explain it