New Ignis and daft question about door locks

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Fluffpot
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New Ignis and daft question about door locks

Post by Fluffpot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me onto the forum. I have an 18-year old Ignis which is always reliable but rather tatty now. But I love Agnes The Ignis so much that I've just been out and bought a new one, a 2-year old with all the bells and whistles. She's called Phyllis. Now I can get the hang of most of the updated features (hello there, heated seats !!) but I'm baffled by the keyless entry. So I have a keyfob in my bag and can open the car. If I open just the driver's door, that's fine, I'm nice and secure in there. But if I stop and offer someone a lift and the passenger door is locked, how the heck do I open it (at the moment I'm switching off the ignition and pressing the keyless fob). I've read the book but am still baffled, and I'm sorry that this is such a stupid question for my first post. But if somebody would kindly explain to me what I do to open the other doors if I'm already in it then I'd be hugely grateful. Big thanks in advance.

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: New Ignis and daft question about door locks

Post by SherwoodNash » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:26 am

I think I'd hate a keyless system, what a malarkey!

I'm still trying to work out your issue from some online guides!

http://www.suzuguide.com/suzuki-225.html

First thing I'd try is put a fresh battery in your fob.

Fluffpot
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Fluffpot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 am

Thanks, it has fresh batteries. There's not a problem with the function, it's just that I don't know how to use it. I tend to open only the driver's door for security. However, saw a friend waiting and decided to stop and give them a ride ... but as only the driver's door was unlocked then I was unsure what button to press to open them all. Can you use the keyfob from inside the car to open doors. There's no button on the driver's door to lock/unlock all doors (there is for the windows). I'm probably being a real numpty and it's staring me in the face ... help!

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 pm

'Can you use the keyfob from inside the car to open doors'

You'd think you'd be able to?

A quick phone call to your nearest Suzuki service department would sort you out in no time.