Yet another new member...

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Lin
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Yet another new member...

Post by Lin » Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi,

My name is Lin and I live in Exeter. I've been looking for an SJ for a long time, more over one that falls into my price range! I've just acquired a 'D' reg hard topped SJ410, its sitting in storage waiting for me to pick it up as soon as this Lockdown is eased!

I would post a picture, but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do it.....Something to do with Image I presume (thats Chrome books for you! Any help would be appreciated :)

Both my wife and I are disabled and one of my first jobs is to fit a hand operated clutch. I'm not too fussed about off roading - I did plenty of that in the Army, in fact I'm more likely to fit the truck out with a few radio's etc. for mobile/portable Amateur Radio communications and the local 4x4 team. I've already found out a few things from the previous owner - like its missing most of the interior, seats and other related items, the diff has been welded (yuk) amongst other things, so it look like I've got a bit of work on my hand to return it to something like stock appearance.

Cheers Lin.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Yet another new member...

Post by ScottieJ » Sun May 03, 2020 10:25 pm

:welcome: to the Forum.

When you have made a few posts you should then be able to upload pictures using the 'attachments' tab below where you type your post replys. You seem like a real person so i'll lift the 'new member' restrictions for you :lol:

Be good to see pics of your new SJ.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Lin
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Yet another new member...

Post by Lin » Mon May 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Thanks for that Scottie,

Can't wait to get my 'truck' either!

Regards Lin.