So many members...

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Sausagefingers
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

So many members...

Post by Sausagefingers » Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 am

Hello. Wow. So many people. New member in North Shropshire here.
I've just bought a 20yr old Grand Vitara as a project as I wanted something for the shooting season. I normally just jump in someone's truck and hitch a ride if I'm beating, but I think social distancing will be required for the forseeable future. My Mondeo gets stuck on the flat and the GV looks really tidy. It was also cheap.
There's a wheel bearing moaning at me in right hand bends (guessing ns/f) and I have it on ramps patching the os inner sill for most of it's length. Ns/f body mount is half gone (garage can weld that for me!) and I'm planning to put a 2" suspension lift on it once I'm confident it'll pass an mot. The nearside looks good. Odd.
Just under 80,000. Dead basic 2.0 petrol. Hopefully not a lot to go wrong. Doesn't even have ABS.
I'm calling it The Fridge because the local motor factors don't have any sheet in...but I kept the lid off a hotpoint for this very eventuality. :weld:
I've bought some 0.8mm wire and the correct size tips for my gasless welder, given up trying to weld seams and guess what? - I've stopped blowing holes in it :lol:
I will be asking advice on how to tackle stuff when I get stuck if that's okay?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: So many members...

Post by Jordi » Sat May 30, 2020 8:21 am

Welcome to SCUK.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sat May 30, 2020 4:22 pm

Welcome pal, I joined this forum just over a year ago when I bought my GV and it's been bomb proof wouldn't have anything else. I'm no rock crawler but shes always loaded upto the back nads going through fields or dirt tracks and never let me down you've done the right thing getting one. Any help you need the lads on here will sort you out 👍

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sat May 30, 2020 5:07 pm

20200530_170605.jpg
never let me down this car

Sausagefingers
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sausagefingers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'll post some pictures of the body mount in due course and get an opinion on what to do with it.

Larry
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Larry » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Nice looking Vitara. I'd love one of these as a camping car / greenlaner. Preferably with a V6, cant really justify it though! :hmm:

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:27 pm

20200605_202427.jpg
Yeh Larry there a decent size car with the back and middle seats taken out I bet you could get an airbed in the back for a bit of camping!