Hello and "Help"!

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
danclyon
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello and "Help"!

Post by danclyon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:11 am

Hi All, joining ahead of a likely purchase of a 2018/2019 Vitara 1.0 Boosterjet. It's not for me, but for my daughter who is studying Equine Science and will be moving onto Veterinary studies or something similarly "outdoorsy". She also works as a freelance groom for horses so is likely to be in/around/out and about in more "muddy" conditions, so the Vitara seems like a sensible blanace of price vs. capability.

Anyone care to share any views on 2wd vs AllGrip? Cannot seem to find out much about the real world performance hit on fuel, or the extra wear on tyres or similar and any tricks/traps about reliability etc. Given it's all a pretty simple vehicle I'm assuming it earned it's Which award for most reliable SUV for a reason and the reason I can't find much to say is because there isn't much to say....

Also, any views on things to look out for? What servicing prices are like at the dealers etc. etc.?

Any help gratefully received....looks like the purchase will be in the next couple of months so want to be as informed as possible as "this is it". She gets this and has to make it last :)

Thanks,
Dan.