New Member in Galloway Scotland

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Claymore
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New Member in Galloway Scotland

Post by Claymore » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi,
Just joined and I'm getting a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 next week for using as a wildcamping photography trip vehicle missed camping at Glencoe this winter (the previous year did it in my Citroen Grand Picasso that was a bit dodgy in the snow)
Have plenty of mods planned including lift kit, wheels/tyres, nudge bars, window tints, probably get more ideas from seeing what other people have done with theirs. I have had 3 Grand Picassos in the past including v6 and diesel plus GV1600 so once i had decided i wanted a project it had to be another. will be interested in any tips regarding accessories/mods. Mine is a 2.7 v6 automatic.
Cheers
Brian :thumbup:

Larry
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: New Member in Galloway Scotland

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:17 am

Welcome Brian.

Sounds like a great car and an amazing place to use it!

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 am

Hi Brian
And welcome from Perthshire
Sounds like fun - I think your XL-7 will have a wee bit more power than our 2005 GV1600 Automatic LOL.
I used to have a Volvo 262 2.7 V6 Auto many years ago and it was a great tow car.
We also have a 2008 2.0 crdi Sportage which is our main car/tow car these days.

cheers baz

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 am

Welcome to the forum, I've got the Xl7 but the 2.0td engine. Plenty of space and durable enough for venturing off the beaten track I think it'll do you well. I've not modded mine in any way it's used as a work horse, be interesting to see yours when it's done!