Once it was a Samurai !

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
rabbit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Once it was a Samurai !

Post by rabbit » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi, first post , sorry to upset anyone but my old rotted out body 1991 SJ413 Samurai, in soon to finish becoming a Mk 2 Midge.
Couple of pics attached I hope !
I`m in Somerset near Burnham on Sea. Advice please I`m having problems getting the car to run all the original dash and ECM are gone replaced with old style gauges etc, the engine will start but not run.
I was hoping there might be someone local who could help, I`m happy to pay for help if I need to.
Thanks Dave.
IMG_2889.JPG
IMG_2895.JPG
Attachments
IMG_2925.JPG

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Once it was a Samurai !

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 am

Hello :welcome: sorry can’t help and to far away. That’s looking good, I think we need more pics and definitely need to see it finished
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Will start but not run? Are you getting enough fuel? Timing set correctly? Does it idle once it starts of rev too high, or just die straight away?
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

rabbit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rabbit » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi thanks for that, very sorry for slow reply, sadly we had a family bereavement.
It will start but cuts out at once, fuel supply is fine timing seems ok, I was wondering what the O2 sensor would normally be contacted to, as of course with no ECU or instrument panel its just floating !!
Regards Dave.

rockinsuzuki58
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rockinsuzuki58 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 am

rabbit wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:28 pm
Hi, first post , sorry to upset anyone but my old rotted out body 1991 SJ413 Samurai, in soon to finish becoming a Mk 2 Midge.
Couple of pics attached I hope !
I`m in Somerset near Burnham on Sea. Advice please I`m having problems getting the car to run all the original dash and ECM are gone replaced with old style gauges etc, the engine will start but not run.
I was hoping there might be someone local who could help, I`m happy to pay for help if I need to.
Thanks Dave.IMG_2889.JPGIMG_2895.JPG
hi remove all fuses check then clean or replace with new ones i know it sounds silly but my suzuki did exactly the samewhen it starts try holding the key on nearly as though you were turning the key to start let me know if its right [tony in cyprus]

rockinsuzuki58
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rockinsuzuki58 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:13 am

just try and remove all fuses under the dash and replace as you need to then some wd 40 let me know how you go on my suzuki did exactly the same [tony in cyprus]

rabbit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rabbit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi Tony, thanks for that, I should have made it clear that all the original Suzuki electrical system has been removed and replaced with a "Car Builders Solution" fuse/relay unit.
Regards, Dave.

rockinsuzuki58
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rockinsuzuki58 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:01 am

hi are all the wires correct on the starter motor try what i said start it and hold the ignition key towards starting position