New SJ410 owner - bit of a peach!

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Begley
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New SJ410 owner - bit of a peach!

Post by Begley » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:27 am

Hi Guys,

New to this site (obviously) and just purchased an SJ410 as a project. Whilst the chassis is OK, sadly a lot of welding needs to be done underneath and i have no doubt their will be a few bits missing or need replacement. My first priority is to flip the body off and sort out the welding.

Can any recommend a good source for replacement panels as most searches i have done result in parts from India. Also will need some other mechanical and aesthetic bits and bobs.

Any suggestions welcome ;-)

Begley

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: New SJ410 owner - bit of a peach!

Post by Jordi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:08 am

India is the best place.

Quite a few people on here have bought parts from india, myself included.

The service is generally good, a lot of items are genuine Maruti parts. Just a bit of a delay on the shipping.

I don’t know of anyone who has bought body panels though.

Depending on which panels it is, reasonably decent second hand panels are still kicking about.

Other than that most of us have modded them any way and just made our own panels.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Begley
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: New SJ410 owner - bit of a peach!

Post by Begley » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Thanks Jordi, until Covid i used to travel to India a couple of times a year (with work) and my concern was determining the good from the bad. Sadly i have no plans to visit anymore and in need of parts. The main thing is everything underneath so floorpan, wheel arches etc. I need to decide whether to make/cut and patch or buy something new. I plan to remove the body tomorrow so will have a better idea then.