Vitara dashboard rubbing noise

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
howardorton
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Vitara dashboard rubbing noise

Post by howardorton » Fri May 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,
New member here. I have a 2017 plate Vitara in horizon orange, which I love.......apart from one small, annoying issue. The dashboard plastic rubs against the windscreen and results in an annoying grating noise. It is slightly better when the car warms up, but going over a pothole can start it rubbing again. Apparently this is a common issue with Vitaras that have the older, harder plastic. It would appear from research that the dashboard nuts are plastic, and they can loosen over time. My question to you guys is how do I access the dashboard nuts to tighten them up? Are they easy to get to, or do you have to dismantle the wiper system to get to them?
Regards, Howard.

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Vitara dashboard rubbing noise

Post by maxaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Hi Howard
Not sure if many on here have a recent Vitara as new as yours,that sort of noise is really annoying.
Sorry cannot help with any tech info as our Vitara is 2005.
There is another Suzuki Forum (not UK based) and I sometimes look on there to see if anybody has any ideas about specific issues.
https://www.suzuki-forums.com/whats-new/

cheers/rgds max