New member and new to Suzuki's!

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
SuziB
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New member and new to Suzuki's!

Post by SuziB » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:29 am

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20210716-022231.png[/attachment
]Hi all,

I am new to joining any groups online, but have recently bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara (second-hand).
I don't have any experience with them or much mechanical knowledge, so hoping to get advice or tips on here as inevitably I will need it to keep the car in good nick, it's also my first 4x4 so it's nice to be able to read up about them on here. Mainly i want to get savvy with it mechanically.
Thanks in advance :doublethumbs:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210716-022231.png

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: New member and new to Suzuki's!

Post by maxaret » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:44 am

Hi 'SuziB' and :welcome:
I have a 2005 Grand Vitara 3dr 1600 Auto - great fun car it is too.
What year etc is yours ?

rgds max

Sirzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sirzuki » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi new here. I'm building an sj413 an could really do with some help finding parts..

SuziB
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SuziB » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Hey Max,
Thanks for reply, took a while to get back as was waiting on the car to be delivered.
It's arrived and I love it already! Although it didn't come with an owners manual, so I'm pretty lost and having to play about to see what's what (alot is self explanatory).
It's a 5 door, 2003 i think? Auto.. I did try and google for owners manual and nothing seems to exist, so bought a Haynes book on them. Hope this will help, as I'd like to learn all i can on how to fix her up, and improve, and generally keep her going (Mot is due in Sept this year).
There was only 79,000 miles on the car. So any advise on these type of motors would be good, my old car (1st car) had alot of probs i wish id known about as they were common on that motor- Haven't found anything to watch out for yet from vitara's but any advise is welcomed, so far drives really smooth, haven't tried the 4x4 option (stick) yet and I've never been shown how to drive 4x4- only been driving on the road but first thing i did notice is steering feels a little loose- tracking may be off not sure.. does that have to be a mechanic visit, or can i check myself? I may need to invest in some tools?
Anyways thanks in advance for any advice, in time i want to re-paint maybe and get her better wheels. So glad to be on here where there seem to be lots of enthusiasts!
Also I'm a bit marooned in the west country with no good trusty mechanic known.. I want the best for my car, and am sick of being robbed for work on a car, which I'd love to know how to do myself.
Cheers all 😉

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:17 pm

Great cars grand vitaras, a lot of clued up people on here always happy to help out sure you'll find what you need

SuziB
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SuziB » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:49 am

8-) Hi,
Not quite sure how to use the forum yet, should i post where topic is relevant? I have a question about my vitara, and wasn't sure where to put it, messages relevant were quite old, but maybe still same answers.

Basically I have been driving and getting used to vitara in last few weeks, and love it! One worrying thing i have noticed though, which i haven't felt before, was a strange stickiness on accelerator pedal (it's an auto) when passing over 30, and then again when trying to pick up speed. I looked at what i could, never had a dip stick for transmission fluid before, so checked it, it was brown and above the 'h' bit and way above the 'c' bit for possibly checking when engine is hot or cold? It was not hot at the time, so i think it may be too full?
I have called up local mechanics- everyone seems scared to work with vitaras!? But found someone who was trained at a suzuki dealership, who will have a look this week.
I did google it myself, but still getting to know the simple stuff atm, and dont want to mess her up, plus i don't want anyone else to either!
Any tips, heads up would be appreciated.
Is it difficult to order find correct transmission fluid for vitara's (I'm in Cornwall) Or is it common? Is it a hard or expensive job to do (changing the fluid)? I need my car for major house move 4 days after mechanic visit! So want to make sure she's good for it.
I've decided not to drive until she gets seen because it may be causing damage? Everything else under the hood, all other resoviours look clean and at right levels, hoping it's not an expensive day at mechanics. Any help welcome! Cheers.

Rankine
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Rankine » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Welcome to the club
SJ413 LWB Santana 33s, 94",