New member requires engine parts

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
waran2005
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New member requires engine parts

Post by waran2005 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi all

I have recently purchased an SJ410 and I would like to rebuild the engine. Can you all please point me in the right direction for the best source of new spares, mainly oversize piston and rings ready for the re-bore. I see they are available on Ebay, problem is they will be coming from India. Has anyone on here had any experience of these parts? Does anyone have a set new oversized pistons they would like to sell? I am keen to get the engine done, I love SJs, I have always wanted one.

Has anyone had experience of just honing the bores and fitting new rings as a cheaper option. I have heard the F10A bores suffer little wear and new standard size rings, possibly pistons, are sometimes all they need.

Thanks, any help appreciated.
Waran

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: New member requires engine parts

Post by Jordi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Had numerous parts from india as have quite a few other lads.

Generally good service and quite often genuine parts too.

There is also Low Range off road in America, i know they do various engine rebuild kits, may have the F10 listed.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank