New Member, new Grand Vitara

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
andyecoli
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New Member, new Grand Vitara

Post by andyecoli » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 am

Hi all, just registered on here, I've just bought a Grand Vitara 2004 petrol 3 door, its going to be a project vehicle but I know nothing about the car, so need manuals, been looking online and found some but don't know what the engine version is, any help and pointers welcome.
I'll also won't be needing pretty much all the bodywork, interior etc so will be selling that as it comes available. What is the likelihood that someone would want the complete body, doors the lot.
Thanks
Andy

Rankine
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: New Member, new Grand Vitara

Post by Rankine » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Sounds like a interesting build coming? Buggy?
SJ413 LWB Santana 33s, 94",

andyecoli
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by andyecoli » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 am

I was looking at doing a Land rover restoration but decided that was just a battle against rust, then saw this
[youtube]https://youtu.be/mZSSl_XX-mw[/youtube]. Had to have ago. Don't know if the link will work

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:44 am

Looks like a fun project Andy :)
We have an early 2005 SWB 1600GV so probably very similar to yours,ours has the G16B engine I believe.
Even as a standard GV it is a fun vehicle to own,although not necessarily as practical as the 5 door version.

andyecoli
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by andyecoli » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:35 am

Yes it should be fun, I've started stripping it out but need to hang on a little as I'm going to build a gantry crane in my garage to allow me to lower the new body on and off to get it to fit, so I will need to move the car out of the garage while that gets built. Itching to get into it. I did a compression test on the engine, its only showing 125 psi on each cylinder so maybe an engine rebuild on the list also. Or a bigger engine. Or the tester is duff. But all that's for later.

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:11 am

I hope all that goes ok.
Our 1600 Auto could sure do with more power LOL but I am now too old to take on engine conversions etc (too many aches and pains ).