New member with dash watch issue

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
ChrisJ
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

New member with dash watch issue

Post by ChrisJ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:37 am

Hi Everyone, I'm Chris from Tamworth and owned my Suzuki Kuro since June of this year, it has a weird issue though...
the the dash analogue clock (watch) has never worked, so I did a bit of digging around and it was suggested to ease the clock out disconnect the little plug from the back and re connect, this did not work, also tried disconnecting the battery, did not work either, so last week I purchased a new genuine Suzuki dash clock, this did not work either, so I phoned a Suzuki dealer who was more than helpful, they told me that if the radio (infotainment system) was working then the fuse for the dash watch was fine as they are the same, I have the car booked in with an auto electrician next Monday, I just wondered if anyone here has had this issue and maybe solved it and able to offer some suggestions before I take her in Monday, thanks in advance, Chris.

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: New member with dash watch issue

Post by maxaret » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:08 am

Hi Chris
Hopefully it will turn out to be an easily fixed wiring fault or faulty plug - should be easy enough to check for voltage supply and earths etc.

ChrisJ
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by ChrisJ » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:08 pm

collected the car from the auto electrician, seems there was a fault in the plug that connects to the back of the clock, they fixed this issue and the clock works as it should now, hope this helps someone else, check the connections in the clock plug first.

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:29 am

Great result Chris :D