GV tyre / steering issue

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
ipbr21054
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

GV tyre / steering issue

Post by ipbr21054 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi all,
I own a Grand Vitara 2003.
I had a tyre replaced 6 months ago & also had the tracking checked / adjusted etc.

Recently ive noticed some strange things with the steering etc or the way the GV handles.
Smooth roads all seems to be fine but if the road has a gully from a lorry etc then the GV seems to start dancing & it feels like im then steering left right left right to keep it straight ?

Today i was going around a roundabout & was in the outside lane,as i was driving in a clockwise direction it seemed like the GV was dancing / hoping to the left as if it wanted to be in the inside lane ?

Ive looked underneath and dont notice anything hanging off or broken but i do notice that both front tyres are wearing on the inside edge.
Driving in a straight line & let go of the steering wheel there is a slight drift or tendency to pull to the left a touch.

Do these GV have any issues / habits that you can advise.

Thanks very much.
Grand Vitara,54 plate,2000cc,Manual,5 Door,Air Con,4WD.

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: GV tyre / steering issue

Post by zook123 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:23 am

Do these suffer with kingpin issues like the Jimny's? Might be worth getting the tracking done
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk