Coil Spring Recommendations ?

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Coil Spring Recommendations ?

Post by maxaret » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm

Hi All
I have a badly cracked rear coils spring and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for spring manufacturers ?
And also any spring makes to avoid LOL

cheers max

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Coil Spring Recommendations ?

Post by maxaret » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am

I had to make a decision fairly quickly and eventually ordered some KYB (Kayaba) Springs and Shocks.
They seem to get reasonable reviews and have a good parts catalogue to cross reference OE part numbers.
Hopefully I can do at least one side tomorrow if the weather is not too bad - the GV is not really driveable at the moment LOL

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Just an update
I got a pair of KYB Springs (RC5907) and a pair of KYB Shockers (343247) - made by Kayaba,stamped as 'Made in Japan' (could even be true).
I got them for a very reasonable price from 'Parts In Motion' on Ebay - both arriving on the next day.
I am still waiting for a pair of Shocker Lower Bolts from Suzuki UK who seem to be very slow at dispatching LOL.

I now need to find somebody who can sort out the chassis for me - much of the original paint is crumbling off and it really needs cleaning off,treating and repaint.

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Glad you got some springs sorted out maxaret, any pics of the chassis?

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:23 am

Hi Richy
No specific pics of chassis but I took a few of the old Spring which shows the area near the N/S rear wheel.
Most of the chassis does not look as bad,obviously around the wheels gets most of the road salt etc.
One of our fairly local garages is run by a real car enthusiast who does some car restoration work and hopefully I will be able to take it over there soon for him to have a look properly at the chassis etc.
The Garage is just reopening today so probably snowed under with work.