Tailgate door trim

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Dave09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Tailgate door trim

Post by Dave09 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi Guys, 2003 2ltr GV
I need to remove the tailgate door trim to cable up a rear view/reversing camera, advice on going about it appreciated. have ordered a set of bojo tools which may come in handy. Front mirror mounted cam easy to fit and route the cable mostly outa sight. but as rear cam was in the kit fancy fitting it, for around 50 quid was well impressed and the vid quality is good.
Boys (retired) toys.
Cheers in advance
Dave

SZ5
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Tailgate door trim

Post by SZ5 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm

So, I did similar to the Grand Vitara 2010. The rear door panel on the newer model has about 8 or 9 plastic studs and first time off they are quite stiff. They are just push fit, be prepared for one to break but they are cheap to replace via Amazon.

I managed to feed the wire through the flexible pipe in the door post with all the other wires. You'll need to remove the side panel in boot - same studs - maybe a screw into the floor as well.

I also passsed the wire through the door panel by unclipping the number plate light and and passed the camera cable through the hole and mounting the camera above the number plate.

You'll soon get the hang of pulling panels off and getting them back on. :salute:

Enjoy messing about with your :suzuki:

Here is an image from the reverse cam on the head unit.
Attachments
Rev Cam 1.JPG
Rev Cam 1.JPG (34.69 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
Last edited by SZ5 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just washed, not a leak from the engine!

SZ5
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SZ5 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:29 pm

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordg ... 827_a1.jpg

This was the link I used for mine - guess yours will be built much the same despite being earlier model.

PS Photos of modifications are always interesting. ;)
Just washed, not a leak from the engine!

Dave09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Dave09 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Cheers, got a set of nyon trim removal tools,the certainly made the job easier. nothing broken. rear cam mounted under the high level brake light and the cable is fed under the trim and through the rubber boot. into the inner of the truck, reverse light connected up so front, rear view and reversing all working. no lump hammer used at any point... quite easy with your advice and a bit of care. Dave