Mirror cam,

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Dave09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Mirror cam,

Post by Dave09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Fitted the mirror cam, well impressed,the only fault I have found is digging the micro sd card out to download vids. a real pain. small card, and sausauge fingers, Soloution, micro sd card extension ribbon cable, and superglue it to the back of the sun visor, not pretty but makes life easier.

SZ5
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Mirror cam,

Post by SZ5 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:56 am

Hey, it's not just me with the 'fat fingers' then. Mine is similar and I like the idea of your solution.
My rear view mirror is the dash cam variety- it only records what is in front. The rear camera is wired into the head unit and used for reversing up to the trailer.
Just washed, not a leak from the engine!

Dave09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Dave09 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:51 pm

HaHa, nope, Done quite a few jobs on this one, nothing serious, I have still got a couple to do when the weather picks up. Rear view cam not yet fitted, it going to be mounted under high level brake light. Reverse light switch on gearbox knacked. so have plumbed a manual lluminated switch with a 2 tone sounder into centre console. Clutch changed about 6 weeks ago, no real outer mods other than black 8 spoke steel wheels with 32mm spacers, (keeping an eye on the bearings though). Prior to the GV, have had mostly Mitzi imports, Pajero's and Pajero Sport. Was a bit dubious re the GV, but now after around 18 months very impressed both on and off road.

SZ5
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SZ5 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Aye, I've had my Grand Vitara for about 18 months too. Came from a series of Beemers. Took a while to get used to the handling of the high up SUV (actually frightened myself a few times entering corners at beemer pace :shock: ). But now more sedate.

I like the build Suzuki build quality. I like the fact you can pull the car apart without some computer telling you it needs a reset (by an expensive dealer!!!).

Cheers SZ5
Just washed, not a leak from the engine!