fixed servicing

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Ffiscool
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

fixed servicing

Post by Ffiscool » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:23 pm

hi, I am trying to decide whether to take out a fixed servicing plan.

It seems reasonable at £506 for 3 years, but not having had a Suzuki before, what does anyone think?

Previously had fixed plans with other manufacturers which worked out better

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: fixed servicing

Post by timwilks13 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Check exactly what the service plan covers first! If suzuki offered me a 3 year service on the SJ I woul probably take it :D
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Ffiscool
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Ffiscool » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:51 am

many thanks, will do

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm

I have had a few fixed price service plans on various new cars.

Always worked on beneficial for me. As Tim says it depends what is included and any limitations that may be applied like mileage limits.

Some plans only cover the very basic items.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Ffiscool
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Ffiscool » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 pm

I asked the question and this is the reply. I also do low mileage, and in the cars I have had in the past, only the odd thing needed doing outside of the service, like wiper blades etc

Anything that is due to be replaced on the service that is due will be covered.

Anything that is a wear and tear item like brakes, tyres, bulbs wipers would be at an extra cost.

Anything that may have a manufacturing defect we would look to cover it under your 3 year / 60000 mile warranty.

Doufal1962
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Doufal1962 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm

The cost is reasonable. A little cheaper than the deal I got but you will gain if 9000 or less. I was shocked to see only 9000 miles offered in this day and age. For me it means suzuki will get another service just six months after my three years warranty is up. This is the shortest time span of any car that I've had - gas is now my 22nd car 😁