Keyworker needing urgent advice

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
JordanX
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Keyworker needing urgent advice

Post by JordanX » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi,
I had my Grand Vitara 06 diesel engine rebuilt but I have a problem that nobody seems to know the definitive answer on how to solve. I spoke to the nearest Suzuki dealer in Ashton-Under-Lyne (24miles away) who told me they could take The Beast for a couple of hours but they probably wouldn't be able to diagnose the problem or fix it. Not much good when you rely on it to get to work in the middle of winter.

I get two fault readings P2002 & P0243, when she is going along she drags a little on acceleration, then there is a little shudder and she picks up speed, the zig zag warning light comes on in yellow. When it started I had the turbo boost solenoid replaced and it cured some of the issues but not these, I have been told it could be the wastegate actuator, when I suggested this to the Suzuki dealership they said they have never had to replace one. Which seems a bit strange but given its a Renault engine maybe not. Every time I have needed something doing its been a sod to get parts from Renault or Suzuki.

Does anyone think it is worth getting the actuator replaced and then the DPF cleaned? Is this likely to cure it?

Please help.
Attachments
20201005_072030.jpg
20201005_072035.jpg

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Keyworker needing urgent advice

Post by RichyP » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:11 am

What kind of mileage do you do? Looks like it could do with a dpf clean that maybe could sort the other fault out as a result.
Last edited by RichyP on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:14 am

As Richy posted above it does depend on what sort of driving pattern/mileage you do.
DPF diesels are not good for short local trips unless they get a regular high - ish RPM workout (say on a motorway or at least on a fast road) to clear out the DPF.
Last edited by maxaret on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 am

I am not 'aut fait' with the turbo installation on this particular engine but does it have an external rod/linkage for the actuator ??External rods can sometimes seize up or end up with restricted movement due to dirt/corrosion.

JordanX
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by JordanX » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:55 am

I do 40-50 miles a day on the motorway, I had the DPF cleaned today and The Beast sounds great, 15mins into the journey home the same faults crop up. I m guessing it might be the Wastegate Actuator or a faulty sensory.

Larry
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Larry » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Maybe worth checking that the exhaust gas temp sensor(s) around the catalyst and dpf are working. (Unplug them and check that it is throwing up a code to tell you it's not reading correctly).

If you unplug them and don't get a code it may be the case that the sensors are faulty but not being identified as faulty. If that was the case it would stop dpf regens.

Bit of a long shot but an easy thing to try without spending more cash swapping things out.