2019 Radar Brake Support Frustration.

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
itsbigmal
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

2019 Radar Brake Support Frustration.

Post by itsbigmal » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:34 pm

2019 Suzuki Vitara SZ5. Have problems with Radar Brake Support RBS. During a 30 mile trip the dam thing kept coming up with Deactivated temp turned off warning with alarm, this must have happened 30-40 times, I even stopped turned ignition off and restarted to no avail. The same thing happened on a short trip of 7 miles to supermarket and back. On both occasions the weather was very bad with lots of surface water.

Booked it in with local dealers so he could get it on diagnostics. Picked up to be told no problem with it! I asked if it logs how many actuations were present and was told No it didn’t do that and the unit is fine, told him about things I have seen on internet only to be told the unit is OK.

I was trying to switch the unit off on the dash but didn’t realise that you had to do an extended press on the switch so I should have RTFM.

Went out today in same conditions and deactivated the unit via the switch, I got a warning triangular reading on the dash and an icon of the RBS system with line through it and also a message on the dash that the unit was deactivated. So hats off to me for reading the manual. A mile down the road the warning came up saying it was temp disabled with alarm and then switched off for a min and then reappeared giving the same warning, this happened the entire journey. All the time I had the triangle warning and the icon with line through telling me the unit was disabled.

Sorry about the length of this post, but is this normal?

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: 2019 Radar Brake Support Frustration.

Post by maxaret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:31 am

Hi Mal
Probably not too many modern Suzuki owners on here - most of us seem to have older vehicles.
If no answers on here you might be better off on a general Suzuki Forum.

cheers and merry christmas - max

itsbigmal
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: 2019 Radar Brake Support Frustration.

Post by itsbigmal » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:10 am

Have gotten the Middle Finger from Suzuki.
Dear Malcolm
Thank you for your recent contact to Suzuki Customer Services.
I was sorry to learn of your concerns and experiences you have described with the Radar Braking System in your Vitara, expectations of reliability and build quality are high when owning a Suzuki vehicle and any concern is disappointing.
I have liaised with the Technical Department at Suzuki GB regarding the matter, who have advised that we do not have a known issue with the radar and that within the owner’s manual is a section that explains when there maybe occasions where the system activates unintentionally. If you would like some more information on this I can arrange to send this to you, alternatively your local Suzuki Dealership will also be able to explain this is in more detail.
Due to the concerns you have I would recommend that you do get the vehicle inspected by your next nearest Authorised Suzuki Dealership. You can find the contact details via Find a Car Dealer Near Me | Suzuki Cars Dealerships UK
In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require anything further in the future on 08085 011959, option 3.
Kind regards
Jane
Customer Service Executive
Suzuki GB PLC