Coil Spring Recommendations ?

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Coil Spring Recommendations ?

Post by maxaret » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm

Hi All
I have a badly cracked rear coils spring and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for spring manufacturers ?
And also any spring makes to avoid LOL

cheers max

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Coil Spring Recommendations ?

Post by maxaret » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am

I had to make a decision fairly quickly and eventually ordered some KYB (Kayaba) Springs and Shocks.
They seem to get reasonable reviews and have a good parts catalogue to cross reference OE part numbers.
Hopefully I can do at least one side tomorrow if the weather is not too bad - the GV is not really driveable at the moment LOL

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Just an update
I got a pair of KYB Springs (RC5907) and a pair of KYB Shockers (343247) - made by Kayaba,stamped as 'Made in Japan' (could even be true).
I got them for a very reasonable price from 'Parts In Motion' on Ebay - both arriving on the next day.
I am still waiting for a pair of Shocker Lower Bolts from Suzuki UK who seem to be very slow at dispatching LOL.

I now need to find somebody who can sort out the chassis for me - much of the original paint is crumbling off and it really needs cleaning off,treating and repaint.

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Glad you got some springs sorted out maxaret, any pics of the chassis?

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:23 am

Hi Richy
No specific pics of chassis but I took a few of the old Spring which shows the area near the N/S rear wheel.
Most of the chassis does not look as bad,obviously around the wheels gets most of the road salt etc.
One of our fairly local garages is run by a real car enthusiast who does some car restoration work and hopefully I will be able to take it over there soon for him to have a look properly at the chassis etc.
The Garage is just reopening today so probably snowed under with work.

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:56 pm

Yeh like you say chassis wise I'd say yours is looking alright from the pics, how's the ride with the new springs?

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:32 am

Hi Richy
The ride has not changed significantly but we think it is 'quieter' at the back end,I think that they were the original springs and shocks and the rubber bushes sure did look their age LOL.
When the car is up on ramps I might have a look at the Panhard Rod Bushes as on certain road surfaces I am not sure if the back end is Laterally
Swaying slightly - could be tired P Rod Bushes I guess.

RichyP
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by RichyP » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Most of the bushes on the old Xl7 had to be changed they definitely make a difference once you've fresh bushes on. If they're the original bushes I think you've definitely had your moneys worth out of them lol!

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Yep will definitely look at them Richy.
cheers max