Grand Vitara 3 dr 2004 1.6 Petrol locked out by immobiliser & ecu frying itself!

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
jjaypw
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Grand Vitara 3 dr 2004 1.6 Petrol locked out by immobiliser & ecu frying itself!

Post by jjaypw » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi all
Ok so here is the problem. Wife's car (I loved driving it !) only 45k miles on the clock, it wasn't driven for a long time, just sat in the driveway. In 2018 when the snow hit and it got real cold, the battery went dead. Bought a new one and the car would turn over but not start.
Light on dashboard showed I was locked out , ie the immobiliser and ecu had decided to play silly buggers. Neither keys worked. Spent 350 getting a key coder to come and tell me that its the ecu and immobiliser, did a bit of digging on this site and someone else had a similar issue with a 1.6 petrol. Is this common?
So I believe my options are: take out the ecu and immobiliser and send off with the two keys to someone like https://www.actronics.co.uk/
or
Replace the ignition barrel, the immobiliser and the ecu with a donor vehicles (and obviously the locks too).
Just need someone who has removed either to let me know some steps in how to remove the ecu & immobiliser or if anyone has any other ideas.
Thanks
J