Grand Vitara 1,6 2008 3 door engine hesitation

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
mickt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Grand Vitara 1,6 2008 3 door engine hesitation

Post by mickt » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Daughters car. Has this malady normally first thing and mostly in second gear. it is as if the engine is missing but it comes and goes. Has had new plugs and one of the coils replaced by a garage. Today I took it out for a good run and sods law resulted that it worked nearly flawless. A little stutter when going up to 2nd gear at about just under 2k revs. Anybody got any info on the cars engine fuel sytem components and the location of the ECU?

mickt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Grand Vitara 1,6 2008 3 door engine hesitation

Post by mickt » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm

So have replaced the two leads and have also bought a new coil to match the other. Will see what difference, if any, that makes.

mickt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by mickt » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:31 pm

Runs OK now but would like to have a look at the output using a oscilloscope. Anybody got one and used it on a car and if so what make or suggestions. There are hand helds advertised but would like some input from users to decide if the outlay is worth it. As cars are getting more and more electronic I would like to keep up with doing my own maintenance where possible.

maxaret
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by maxaret » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Hope you have sorted it Mick,sorry cannot be of any help as like most on here we have an older model of GV.
A mate of mine years ago had an elusive problem with an XJ6 and it turned out to be HT lead related - I cannot remember if it was the 'King' Lead or the plug leads.