LJ80 restoration

A place for all UK LJ owners to introduce themselves and for all LJ series tech and builds
Suzukilj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

LJ80 restoration

Post by Suzukilj » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi All,

First post here, not sure how active the LJ part of the forum is, but I’d be very grateful for any help you all may be able to provide!

I’m renovating an LJ80Q that has been sat in a barn for the last 10 years. Luckily in last 40 years it was only ever driven on fields so there is no chassis rust and a body work is in pretty good condition. It’s getting close to being MOT’able and back on the road and I have a couple of random questions.

Does anyone know the name of the wheels, and tyre size, shown in the pic? (Link below) They look slightly better in terms of road handling than the skinny (no spoke) ones on the car at the moment? https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/369295238177826363/

I also have a tow bar identical to this one: https://www.eljeeholland.com/index.php/ ... -complete/ but have totally failed to fit it so far. I’m not sure what the side brackets should connect to. Has anyone come across one of this design before?

I’ve been searching for some rear seats and don’t have funds for the eljeeholland ones, does anyone know if these come up often?

Very grateful for any thoughts anyone has on the above!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: LJ80 restoration

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi :welcome: nice to see another one getting done. The wheels look like weller (probably spelt wrong) original wheels can be worth a few quid to the right people, wouldn’t mind some myself but the budget won’t stretch. Sorry no idea on the tow bar
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by mk1joe » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Welcome to the club! I am also restoring an lj80.
It would be great to see some pictures of yours!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

I'd say they are Weller wheels as well.

Looking forwards to some pics, One day i'll find the time to get started on my LJ80 resto......and the LJ80 based buggy. Only been collecting parts for a few years for them both :lol: i've got too many projects :facepalm:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!