Lowering a 1987 Jimny?

All tech relating to the newest bread of suzuki 4x4s
Rob3rt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Lowering a 1987 Jimny?

Post by Rob3rt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 am

I am sure i will get a lot of replys about why not to lower it but i am trying to make my jimny completely different. I am living in japan and see a lot of Jimnys turned into offroad machines (although none of them have been off road there entire lives) so i want to go a different route. I have a lot of mods planned for my jimny but one thing i cant find any info on but would like to do is lower my jimny 2"-3" at least. I was thinking of putting some coilovers on but there is nothing i can find made for or that will fit the jimny. Does anyone have any information on this?

I also just cant find really any information on a jimny older than a 98. Are there any websites that have mods for older jimnys? I used to have a mustang back in the states and the website americanmuscle.com had anything you could want for a mustang, i am just wondering if there is anything similiar for the Jimny.

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Lowering a 1987 Jimny?

Post by d_r_1989 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:57 pm

If it's on leaf springs (sj) then you could have some blocks made up that go between the axle and springs (providing its spring under axle) which will lower it as desired.