195x15 Guyane mud tyres with spacers..?

All tech relating to the newest bread of suzuki 4x4s
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: 195x15 Guyane mud tyres with spacers..?

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:33 pm

:lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Best conversation you get in my house is with myself :hahaha:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Anton

Post by Anton » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:36 pm

ROBBIE wrote:Best conversation you get in my house is with myself :hahaha:
You're never talking to yourself, you're just talking to the Ninjas who use you for practice.

Speaking of which, did you know that Japan has the worst Ninjas in the world? Seriously, you never hear about Norweigian Ninjas, do you? Because they're BETTER AT THEIR JOB.

Spanish Ninjas? Nope.

Australian Ninjas? Nuh-huh.

Nigerian Ninjas? Goodness me no.

Japanese Ninjas are heard of everywhere - ergo, they're the least good at their jobs.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:44 am

ScottieJ wrote:Did someone delete their profile/posts or have you mostly been talking to yourself :lol: I can only see Robbie and buzzuki's replies :lol:

Personally I prefer not to run spacers on anything, don't really see the point in them.
for me it was cheaper & easier to use spacers than buy wider offset rims to achieve a wider track with the narrower tyres I prefer for laning. If money were no object I'd have longer axles made :)

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 am

ROBBIE wrote:Best conversation you get in my house is with myself :hahaha:
I used to but we fell out so I'm not talking to myself :S

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:33 am

buzzuki wrote:
ScottieJ wrote:Did someone delete their profile/posts or have you mostly been talking to yourself :lol: I can only see Robbie and buzzuki's replies :lol:

Personally I prefer not to run spacers on anything, don't really see the point in them.
for me it was cheaper & easier to use spacers than buy wider offset rims to achieve a wider track with the narrower tyres I prefer for laning. If money were no object I'd have longer axles made :)
It's actually a disadvantage having a wider track. As soon as you fit in the usual landrover width ruts you have lost ground clearance. Jimny's are already wider than SJs, personally I would rather have the narrower Sj axles. Its not just in ruts that they have a benefit, you can also squeeze through Narrower gaps. I've ran a wide Suzuki for years, my next SJ that I'm building is staying a lot narrower.

Fitting wheel spacers also increases the scrub radius, thats not a good thing on an off-roader IMO.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Ju » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:58 pm

I had no issue with 32 mm spacers 2" Procomp lift and 195son My Jimny

buzzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by buzzuki » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:06 pm

ScottieJ wrote: It's actually a disadvantage having a wider track. As soon as you fit in the usual landrover width ruts you have lost ground clearance. Jimny's are already wider than SJs, personally I would rather have the narrower Sj axles. Its not just in ruts that they have a benefit, you can also squeeze through Narrower gaps. I've ran a wide Suzuki for years, my next SJ that I'm building is staying a lot narrower.

Fitting wheel spacers also increases the scrub radius, thats not a good thing on an off-roader IMO.
Well I had a narrow 410 a few years back followed by a 413 with wide offset rims and much preferred the feel of the wider track, each to their own obviously. I gave up off-roading proper a while ago it's pure laning now so ultimate manoeuvrability is less of an issue for me, the Jimnys still a way off LR track width.

Ju wrote:I had no issue with 32 mm spacers 2" Procomp lift and 195son My Jimny
Cool, did u find the rear was way to hard with the ProComp springs/shocks in the kit? Mine could use a fat bird with a concrete handbag in the boot..

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:03 pm

I think samurais have the perfect width, not super narrow like the 410 but still nowhere near wide enough to fit in ruts. Personally I've just never liked steering feel after fitting spacers, more so on smaller near stock sized tyres. It's not so bad increasing the offset with larger tyres or with wheels with a lot of backspacing as those in effect reduce the scrub radius. It's all about the balance, a little bit of positive scrub radius won't hurt but too much just increases steering effort and feedback too much in my opinion. But as you say each to their own.

tbh for laning you don't need anything special anymore anyway, most lanes are so smooth you could drive them in a freelander.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Ha, most of the ruts around here are from much wider vehicals ie Landy's, I tend to just position one wheel in the rut and the other in the middle!

Need to get some diff protection underneath - the diff is always clean when I get home!
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk