SJ413 for sale

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

SJ413 for sale

Post by Darrell » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 pm

1987 SJ413, 144,648 miles only 3 weeks left on MOT.

Well I don't have the time, workshop, enthusiasm to keep her running. It may well pass an MOT but this year I'm not trying as my Grand Vitara is going to become my daily drive. I've had it for 18 years so I'm not complaining, but the tin worm is getting the better of it. The arches are crappy so could do with repairing (virtual lift) and the sills are rusting and had some fibreglass over winter to look a little more respectable. Needless to say there is more rust than that (doors is one) but rather than sell it off to be destroyed at a pay and play and then scrapped I'd thought I'd see if anybody was prepared to take it on. I've seen a whole lot worse repaired and as these are getting rare I'd like to see it kept going. The carb is still the original aisin and runs rich, but passed the MOT like this for years. The gearbox is a bit noisy in neutral but again it's been like this as far back as I remember. It's generally a bit scuffy as it's been my daily drive for the 18 years. Thought I'd see if she got any interest while it's still street legal and can be driven to a new home. I'll miss it, you always seem to get noticed driving it where as nobody gives my GV a second look although that still looks like new. We all know they are a bit ruff and ready to drive but that I guess is part of the fun of them. To be honest I'm now over 50 and hate grovelling about in the street trying to patch her up.
I'm just going to leave it as open to offers and see if I get any replies.
I'll still be on the forum as normal as I have the GV. I got that 12 years ago to replace the SJ but it kind of never happened.
Any extra pics of the problem areas just ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: SJ413 for sale

Post by ROBBIE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Sad day when the SJ gets sold. Do understand how you feel about doing the repairs, I'm nearly that age ;) and its a struggle on the LJ some (most) days. Hope she finds a good home
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Oscar
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Oscar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Do you have a rough price in mind ?

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Nope, I have no idea what it's worth. Just whatever I can get for it. I'm more bothered that it goes to an SJ enthusiast who would like to do it up rather than sell it off in bits. OK I'm realistic this may not happen and requires a lot of work looking at other peoples repairs. This kind of work is time consuming and you need the tools and the skills to do it, but is not expensive if you already have the kit. However because of the time involved and it's dirty work to pay for somebody else to do it won't be cheap. I've no idea if any of these repairs are required for an MOT this year but either way it will need doing in the near future.

I'll leave it a week before I advertise elsewhere as many local people have said they want it if it's ever for sale but we all know people say these things but don't really mean it.

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 pm

I see you (Oscar) have been looking for a long time. As your finding It's almost impossible to find nice tidy ones nowadays, the good ones aren't for sale :cry:
Even back when I got this one it was hard to find tidy ones apart from the later injected sammies.

Oscar
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Oscar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Yes proving very hard and my search is taking me all over the country maybe soon Spain to find the find the right one then convert.

From what you have said it seems this is a rust bucket but I will make you an offer.

Thanks Oscar
Last edited by Oscar on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Oscar wrote: From what you have said it seems this is a rust bucket but I will make you an offer.

Lmfao. What a comment.

Its an open and honest sale of a 30 year old Sj.
If you're expecting to buy one that's perfect in need of no tinkering at all then I'm afraid Suzuki 4x4s are the wrong vehicle for you.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:33 pm

If it was a rust bucket it would go straight to the scrappy, as I said, I've seen a lot worse rescued on here.
Don't expect a call anytime soon, sorry.

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by d_r_1989 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Id love a hardtop. But i fear its worth more than i and probably that guy above have to offer. Just look at ones that have bids on ebay and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
its more space at the moment for me than price. Another month and ill have my space back so we may well be talking then.......

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by d_r_1989 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 pm

andyrew wrote:
Oscar wrote: From what you have said it seems this is a rust bucket but I will make you an offer.

Lmfao. What a comment.

Its an open and honest sale of a 30 year old Sj.
If you're expecting to buy one that's perfect in need of no tinkering at all then I'm afraid any decent 4x4's are the wrong vehicle for you.