Photo of the month????

A place for the monthly themed photo comp. A winner will be voted fro at the end of each month and at the end of the year we'll get a calendar printed for the following year using the winning photo from each month.
Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Photo of the month????

Post by Ricky-410 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Just wondering what you thought? I was on the 206 owners club when i had one and they used to do a photo of the month competition. You get a theme to stick to every month, at the end of the month they would close entry and give you a new theme, while starting a poll for people to vote for the previous months photo's. The winner would get their photo on the home page and at the end of the year a calender was available to buy with each month's photo in, to go towards funding the site.

Just thought it would be a good idea on here, more interesting shots would appear from here! :snap:

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Photo of the month????

Post by mk1joe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 pm

yea! that's a brilliant idea. they do that on tamiya club and it makes for some really interesting photos because people try really hard. nice one for putting it forward ;)

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Tamiya? as in the scale rc trucks and stuff? would love to get into that!

Yeah thought it would work better on here, rather than a few chaved up 206's haha

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by mk1joe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 pm

yea, i uset to be really heavy into the rc cars and they have a great website! they try there very good with there photos, as i think a lot of the enthusiasts are photographers too. i think there are a few here too

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Some thing i've always been interested in but never got into, watch all the rc adventure videos on Youtube but I don't have one haha

It would be good to see what photo's come out of it!

Jay18
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by Jay18 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:38 am

i think this is a really good idea...

i also think if scottie or twiss done a member subscription ie. fot £5 a year you get you name is a pretty colour, a sticker and maybe a small booklet of some sort? i know that pajero owners club do something like that and it could be a way of supporting the website...
2003 Grand Vitara 2.0 16v
16x7 Black 8 spokes
Nexen road tyres
32mm spacers
Kenwood Double Din Head Unit
Hidden CB radio
Cruise Control
GV Build Thread

SJ Build Thread
Facebook

YouTube
SuzukiPicsUK on Instagram

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Darrell » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:09 pm

I have no idea on the theme, so....................................................... :D
Attachments
sexy-christmas-wallpaper-big.jpg
sexy-christmas-wallpaper-big.jpg (112.82 KiB) Viewed 8521 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Christoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Christoff » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Im sure I know that girl bottom left !

They do a pic of the month on the Clio forum I used to go on a lot. You won a hoody or a shirt with the forum logo on. I think nowadays it's a bit more and you get a massive pack with stickers, bottle opener and stuff with the logo on. And of course featuring your pic on the home screen.

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I first read this post whilst watching the rocky horror picture show last night. I thought, thats a Great idea for a theme, then I thought it would probably be a load of blokes in stockings and suspenders draped over their SJ - So probably not such a good idea .....

Maybe we could just do a seasonal theme spring, summer, autumn, & winter?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm not gona say anything Tramp. I don't see the need to. I'm sure your asking yourself the correct questions after that post.

But the whole photo comp sounds like a good idea we'll just have Tramp barred from entering.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank