Photo of the month????

A place for the monthly themed photo comp. A winner will be voted fro at the end of each month and at the end of the year we'll get a calendar printed for the following year using the winning photo from each month.
dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Photo of the month????

Post by dan_2k_uk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Sounds like a good idea. There used to be a featured truck on the home page but dont think is been updated or is even there anymore.

I would also be happy to run/admin, recieve and check entrys, sort the poll, and sort out the prizes and even put up some initial funding to get it going.

Got a few ideas for themes too.

Dan
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 am

Well maybe the perfect time to get this going will be the beginning of January, ill have a bit more spare cash next year as my missus has finally found a new job so ill be looking to get a few different merch items together we could maybe offer as prizes. :doublethumbs:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:59 pm

How are we going to run it?

I will happily sort it all out if people are happy with that?

Best idea I could come up with is to set up photos@suzukiclubuk.co.uk to get the entries all together and check they are suitable and then use a seperate section of the forum where it can all be posted when voting opens and locked when voting stops?

Should probably get it all going for a month or two with no prizes to make sure it all works and is fair before introducing whatever method we use to cover prize cost.

Entry fee per photo submitted would work well. The more people joined in the better the prizes could become and the more could be raised to help the club?

Dan

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 pm

The prize for the end of the month on the 206 site was just getting your photo on the homepage, then the calender at the end was available to buy. I don't think you actually won any physical prize? So a prize would make it a lot better. Even if entry was a couple of pound and you won a sticker, it would help a useful site you otherwise get for free!

Christoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Christoff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 am

Might be easier to just start a thread at the beginning of each month, make a specific photo of the month section

Then let people post up their images straight up to it. Saves you receiving all the emails and then processing them and reposting. Make sense?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

I just created a section for it, however do we think it should be in the Gallery or Bar????

And suggestions for January's theme please :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:40 am

Christoff wrote:Might be easier to just start a thread at the beginning of each month, make a specific photo of the month section

Then let people post up their images straight up to it. Saves you receiving all the emails and then processing them and reposting. Make sense?
I just liked the idea of all the photos appearing at once.

Will make it a little more exciting and easier for people to know when to look to see them all at once in one post. Plus it will keep it all tidy and will be able to use the forums built in poll feature with the photos/choices simply numbered.

Surely the gallery section so people can review them by monthly tidy posts at a later date.

First theme surely will be cold/winter/christmas then time for a few more exciting ones before spring month then again a few random ones before summer then..... you get the idea!

Dan :thumbup:

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

Garage/tools/not finished/work in progress? these theme's would be good for me :lol:

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Ricky-410 wrote:Garage/tools/not finished/work in progress? these theme's would be good for me :lol:
I would have thought injury's would be good for you and Tramp, you would both win :lol:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Ricky-410
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ricky-410 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm

ROBBIE wrote:
Ricky-410 wrote:Garage/tools/not finished/work in progress? these theme's would be good for me :lol:
I would have thought injury's would be good for you and Tramp, you would both win :lol:

I'm up for an x-ray theme :lol: Think Tramp would win with the amount of metal he's got though!