Suzuki soft top

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
united1
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Suzuki soft top

Post by united1 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a soft top for my 1982 sj410. Have found one from 1997. Does anyone knows if they are the same?
http://www.maltapark.com/item.aspx?ItemID=4011803

Again. I am asking for help. But I am doing so many hours of research and if one day any of you will restore an early suzuki , I will surely be able to help.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Suzuki soft top

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:36 pm

All Sj soft tops are interchangeable, pretty sure all original ones are identical.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

88SJ
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by 88SJ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:50 am

Dude...as Scottie says...all SJ/Samurai hoods are the same fit. The variable is on quality of after market manufacturers

OE hoods were a snug fit didn't stretch over time...also they had an inner lining / fabric that meant the interior of the hood did not collect condensation and then drip it on you as you drive!!

I currently have a monsoon hood...it is nice quality and fits well although it has stretched and is baggy around the B pillar. It does piss me off when there is moisture on the inside of the car that freezes when it is proper cold then defrosts when I am driving...then starts dripping the moisture all over me and the passenger seat

I doubt if there are any OE hoods around but you never know...

Look forward to seeing some snaps of your motor when it is all together

united1
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by united1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks.
This site is so helpful .
I have been asking questions to many people in many sites and forum. But by far this is the most helpful and friendliest

united1
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by united1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:04 pm

88SJ wrote:Dude...as Scottie says...all SJ/Samurai hoods are the same fit. The variable is on quality of after market manufacturers

OE hoods were a snug fit didn't stretch over time...also they had an inner lining / fabric that meant the interior of the hood did not collect condensation and then drip it on you as you drive!!

I currently have a monsoon hood...it is nice quality and fits well although it has stretched and is baggy around the B pillar. It does piss me off when there is moisture on the inside of the car that freezes when it is proper cold then defrosts when I am driving...then starts dripping the moisture all over me and the passenger seat

I doubt if there are any OE hoods around but you never know...

Look forward to seeing some snaps of your motor when it is all together

The seller of this link (above) is claiming that this is the original soft top from a 1997 model.

united1
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by united1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Was the early models of sj410 soft tops , side windows welded or sewing ?

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:48 pm

united1 wrote:Was the early models of sj410 soft tops , side windows welded or sewing ?
It depends, commercial SJ's had no back seats so they had no rear windows or In either metal top or soft top, domestic SJ's had windows and rear seats,

Heres a brochure for the commercial SJ410's http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... =23&t=3139

united1
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by united1 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:02 pm

My problem is that I found an early soft top with the plastic window sewed and I like to find out if it's a factory thing. I am noticing that the 1981\1983 models are a bit different than the others so it might be possible that the early ones were sewed.