A quick bit of fun today

A place to post all your pictures and videos or links to any you've found on the tinterweb that you think people will enjoy.
only one rule, no nakedness but make it as dirty as you like! (In the muddy kind of way)
d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

A quick bit of fun today

Post by d_r_1989 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Last edited by d_r_1989 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: A quick bit of fun today

Post by Jordi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Don't want to piss on anyones cornflakes but SPOA perches failing sounds like a major issue with quality of work.

Hope the rest of it is built better.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by d_r_1989 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Jordi wrote:Don't want to piss on anyones cornflakes but SPOA perches failing sounds like a major issue with quality of work.

Piss away, I didn't do them ;) the welds have held fine but the box section used seems to have bent. It's the same as anything really, you buy something modified and find yourself going through it till you sort it to a standard your happy with. Failing spring perches is something I'm not happy with!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm

d_r_1989 wrote:
Jordi wrote:Don't want to piss on anyones cornflakes but SPOA perches failing sounds like a major issue with quality of work.

Piss away, I didn't do them ;) the welds have held fine but the box section used seems to have bent. It's the same as anything really, you buy something modified and find yourself going through it till you sort it to a standard your happy with. Failing spring perches is something I'm not happy with!
Box section? So SPOA and box section to lift if further? It must be 9ft tall.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Think he means the spring perchs were made with box section, it's a common way to do it and works well.......if you use the right wall thickness
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by d_r_1989 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Bloody phones deleted my original post. I'm not sure if the perches were made out of box section or the originals re used. Either way it's getting redone in some thicker box section at the same height as the original perche's with the ends welded this time.